As the Chief Body Architect at Anatomy Fitness, I have practiced just about every recovery treatment you can think of. One of my favorite ways to recover is cold water immersion or cold water hydrotherapy. Recently, I came across The Cold Plunge and decided to get a unit for myself so that I could have access to cold water at my home. I’ve been thrilled with the Cold Plunge and decided to do a review below. But first, let’s talk about coldwater therapy some more.
What is coldwater therapy?
Cold water therapy (also known as cold water hydrotherapy) can be defined as the use of very cold water typically below 59 degrees Fahrenheit to treat health issues and/or create health benefits.
Practicing cold water therapy is nothing new. In fact, it has been around for hundreds of years. But in recent years it has gained popularity through adaptations such as ice baths, cold showers, cold river or lake swims, and in some cases cryotherapy.
What are the benefits of coldwater therapy?
- Reduce Pain & Decrease muscle soreness
There is a lot of information from medical experts that suggests cold water helps reduce pain because it causes your blood vessels to constrict. This constriction of blood vessels causes a reduction of blood flow areas of pain or soreness which will reduce swelling and inflammation. This is why most medical experts suggest applying ice to an injury immediately after the injury has taken place.
2. May ease symptoms of depression
Cold water therapy certainly will not cure mental health issues. However, there are studies out there that suggest that cold open water therapy has helped reduce depression and anxiety for some people.
3. May boost your immune system
There’s also been some studies that have shown that cold water therapy can help boost the human immune system. Improving your immune system will help you reduce your risk of illness.
4. May boost your metabolism and help burn fat
You will also find studies out there that suggest cold water therapy has been shown to increase your body’s metabolic rate which causes you to use more energy and therefore burn more calories.
What are the traditional challenges with cold water therapy?
- Finding a tub that is the right size for an ice bath can be very difficult.
- Access, labor, and costs associated with getting ice for a cold plunge
- Water fill-up and filtration is tough. Nobody wants to wait around to fill up a tub with water nor does anyone want to sit in a dirty bathtub.
- Making the commitment to doing a daily cold plunge is tough.
What do I love about the Cold Plunge?
The Cold Plunge solves the above issues.
- The Cold Plunge is the perfect size for anybody.
- No ice is required!
- The Cold Plunge has a super powerful filtration system which keeps the water clean.
- Making the investment into the Cold Plunge helps with your commitment to practicing daily cold water therapy.
Cold Plunge Review Conclusion
I definitely recommend investing in a cold plunge if you are trying to implement daily cold water therapy into your routine.
If you do want to make this investment you can use this link and my code Megna150 for $150 off your order.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links which means I may receive a commission for purchases made when the links are clicked. However, I would never feature a product that I don’t use daily and highly recommend. I standby this product 100% regardless of any potential commission I may receive through affiliate link clicks.